top of page

Undocumented Migrants
Needing Financial Help

If you are an undocumented migrant - a family or an individual (over 18) - who lives in the London Borough of Hackney, and are NOT allowed public welfare payments, or you are a community organisation in Hackney who can refer people who fit this criteria, please get in touch.

Between 24 January and 30 April 2022,  MEWSo can offer payments from the No Recourse to Public Fund (NRPF) grant to those in severe hardship.

The payment is available to anyone subject to immigration control that denies them access to:

  • Universal Credit

  • Housing Benefit

  • Child Benefit

  • Jobseekers Allowance

  • Homelessness Assistance

  • Allocation to social housing through the council register.


We can offer assistance to those experiencing hardship due to:

  • No recourse to public funds

  • Loss of work / income

  • Health issues

  • Disability

  • Difficulties paying for essentials, such as food and heating.


Assessments will be carried out to identify people's eligibility and any further needs they may have. 

However, referrals must be from people who live in Hackney or from community organisations that are based in Hackney


For more information about getting a NRPF grant and to request a referral form, please

email: or

call: 07780 983 152

bottom of page